Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kindergarten Tips

Two things I learned today:

1) Don't send a kindergartener to school with shoes with laces. They can't tie them.
2) Don't launch an eraser at the parent volunteer. I will tell on you and you will miss your recess.

So today was my second time volunteering in my daughter's classroom. I helped with math and reading. The kids were very sweet. (Let me give a shout-out to the sweet boy who told me I was pretty. Yes!)
But one kid was pretty much not into math. He sat there and even when I practically told him the answer, had no interest. So to thank me for my help, he launches an eraser across the table and hits me with it.
The teacher did not see, but oh little boy, you messed with the wrong volunteer. I will get you. So I told on the little pain and he missed most of his recess.
Next I tied about 52 pairs of tennis shoes.
I ended the day by cutting out 450 gingerbread men with fancy scissors. I was dizzy after so much cutting. I am sure those gingerbread men will be destroyed in about 2.5 seconds. But they're cute, right?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these useful tips on kindergartens. Last month, I enrolled my daughter with a Phoenix kindergarten and it was suggested by my friend. At first, I was skeptical about here but then she adjusted there quite quickly, all due to homely atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete